NetMap's Virtual Watersheds & Smart River Networks
A Virtual Watershed is a geospatial simulation of riverine landscapes used to enumerate watershed landforms and processes, and human interactions over a range of scales.
A Virtual Watershed includes (1) smart, synthetic river networks and the highest resolution digital elevation models, couples them together, and then adds five types of analytical capabilities, including:
2) routing information downstream and upstream,
3) connecting river networks to terrestrial environments,
4) discretizing landscapes and land uses into facets of appropriate scales to identify interactions,
5) characterizing landforms and
6) attributing river segments with key stream and watershed information.
They are customizable and adaptable to specific needs.